It is inevitable for organisations having to deal with termination of employment contract due to employees poor work performance. At the same time, there may be times for organisations to deal with dismissal resulting from disciplinary actions. In contrast, there are legal and moral requirements when there is a need for company to retrench employees. In addition, the revision of the Retirement and Re-Employment Act means that organisations would need to cater for employees reaching retirement age. Hence, it is imperative that existing processes are not in contradictory with the Singapores employment laws and are aligned with business needs.
What's In It For Me
- Be able to communicate reasons for termination confidently.
- Understand the legal and moral requirements for retrenchment.
- Be able to design checklists to implement re-employment processes.
At the end of the workshop, learners will be able to:
- Determine the various reasons for termination of employment contract
- Communicate reasons for termination effectively
- Apply evidence-based records for dismissal
- Develop in-depth understanding of the due inquiry process
- Identify the legal and moral obligations for Retrenchment
- Design checklist to implement Re-Employment process
- HR Officers,
- Line Managers,
- Team Leaders and newly promoted managers involved in managing people
- Identify the four types of performers at the workplace
- Differences between Termination and Dismissal
- Types of reasons for termination of employment
- Reasons for employees non-performance
- The Due Inquiry process
- Implement the counseling methodology
- Critical-incidence log for disciplinary cases
- Legal requirement and moral obligations in retrenchment
- The Re-Employment Processes
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.