This module sets out concepts and skills relating to the setup and use of online collaborative tools, such as storage, productivity applications, calendars, social media, web meetings, learning environments, and mobile technology.
On Completion of this module, the candidate would be able to:
- Understand the key concepts relating to online collaboration and cloud computing.
- Set up accounts to prepare for online collaboration.
- Use online storage and web-based productivity applications to collaborate.
- Use online and mobile calendars to manage and plan activities.
- Collaborate and interact using social networks, blogs, and wikis.
- Schedule and host online meetings and use online learning environments.
- Understand key mobile technology concepts and use features such as e-mail, applications and synchronisation.
Trainees who have attended the EqualSkills Programme (Trainees with little or no experience in the use of computers should attend the EqualSkills Programme in the first instance). Trainees who have completed Basic ICRT and want to refresh their skills in working in desktop environment, use of word processing tools, surfing the internet, word processing, spreadsheet and email functions.
- Covers the key skills needed to understand the main concepts relating to online collaboration and cloud computing.
- Certifies best practice in effective use of online collaboration tools and mobile technology.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content
- Collaboration Concepts
- Key Concepts
- Cloud Computing
- Preparation for Online Collaboration
- Common Setup
- Features Setup
- Using Online Collaborative Tools
- Online Storage and Productivity Applications
- Online Calendars Social Media
- Online Meetings
- Online Learning Environments Styles
- Mobile Collaboration
- Key Concept
- Using Mobile Devices
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.