After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
Overview of HTML and CSS
This module provides an overview of HTML and CSS, and describes how to use Visual Studio 2012 to build a Web application.
Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
- Overview of HTML
- Overview of CSS
- Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2012
This module describes the new features of HTML5, and explains how to create and style HTML5 pages.
- Creating an HTML5 Page
- Styling an HTML5 Page
Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
- Introduction to jQuery
Communicating with a Remote Data Source
- Overview of Forms and Input Types
- Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
This module describes how to send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using an XMLHTTPRequest object and by performing jQuery AJAX operations.
Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using XMLHTTPRequest
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using jQuery AJAX operations
This module describes how to style HTML5 pages and elements by using the new features available in CSS3.
- Styling Text
- Styling Block Elements
- CSS3 Selectors
- Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
- Creating Custom Objects
- Extending Objects
This module describes how to use some common HTML5 APIs to add interactive features to a Web application. This module also explains how to debug and profile a Web application.
Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
- Interacting with Files
- Incorporating Multimedia
- Reacting to Browser Location and Context
- Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
This module describes how to add offline support to a Web application, to enable the application to continue functioning in a user's browser even if the browser is disconnected from the network.
Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
- Reading and Writing Data Locally
- Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
This module describes how to create HTML5 pages that can dynamically detect and adapt to different devices and form factors.
Creating Advanced Graphics
- Supporting Multiple Form Factors
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
This module describes how to create advanced graphics for an HTML5 Web application by using a Canvas element, and by using Scalable Vector Graphics.
Animating the User Interface
- Creating Interactive Graphics by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Programmatically Drawing Graphics by Using a Canvas
This module describes how to enhance the user experience in an HTML5 Web application by adding animations.
Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
- Applying CSS Transitions
- Transforming Elements
- Applying CSS Key-frame Animations
This module explains how to use Web Sockets to transmit and receive data between an HTML5 Web application and a server.
Creating a Web Worker Process
- Introduction to Web Sockets
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using Web Sockets
This module describes how to use Web Worker Processes to perform long-running operations asynchronously and improve the responsiveness of an HTML5 Web application.
- Introduction to Web Workers
- Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using a Web Worker
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.