Determine personal competencies and identify personal career goals after. Take steps to realise career goals by sourcing for job opportunities, preparing for interviews and demonstrating basic social etiquette.
There are no entry requirements. However, Learners are assumed to:
- Be able to speak, listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the EmployabilitySkills Workforce Skills Qualification (ES WSQ) Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 4
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ES WSQ Workplace Numeracy (WPN) level 4
The job role(s)/ occupations that this unit would be relevant to may include those whose skills, knowledge and work activities undertaken are represented by the level of complexity that fits into the following description:
Nature of Skills and Knowledge:
Nature of Work Activities:
- For performing a narrow range of basic and routine work activities under a predictable work context.
- Mainly factual and procedural
- Performed under clearly specified boundaries and close supervision
- Requires minimal judgement
- Some accountability
- Rely on standard operating procedures to solve problems
On completion of this unit, the participant will be able to perform the following:
- List personal competencies acquired through learning and experience
- Determine personal career goals taking into account personal competencies
- State sources of and interpret information on potential employment opportunities
- Select jobs that best match personal competencies and career goals and apply for jobs
- Prepare for and attend job interview
- Demonstrate basic social etiquette skills and personal hygiene during job interview
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
CIPD Certified Consultant
NTUC LearningHub and its affiliated / associated businesses has a wide range of industry experts that trains many individuals and corporate organisations.
To help trainees and clients customise their training and consultancy needs, our trainers are at hand to provide timely advice and guidance that will ensure a valuable learning experience.