Understand Emotional Intelligence principles such as self confidence, flexibility, conscientiousness and initiative. Learn and apply self awareness techniques to manage self at the workplace.
There are no entry requirements. However, Learners are assumed to:
- Be able to speak, listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the EmployabilitySkills Workforce Skills Qualification (ES WSQ) Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 4
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ES WSQ Workplace Numeracy (WPN) level 4
The job role(s)/ occupations that this unit would be relevant to may include those whose skills, knowledge and work activities undertaken are represented by the level of complexity that fits into the following description:
Nature of Skills and Knowledge:
Nature of Work Activities:
- For performing a narrow range of basic and routine work activities under a predictable work context.
- Mainly factual and procedural
- Performed under clearly specified boundaries and close supervision
- Requires minimal judgement
- Some accountability
- Rely on standard operating procedures to solve problems
On completion of this unit, the participant will be able to perform the following:
- Recognise own emotional states, its causes and effects on performance and interpersonal relationships at the workplace
- Manage own emotions and impulses to work effectively with others, taking into consideration different cultures and background of individuals at the workplace
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses and make improvements needed to develop Emotional Intelligence
- Recognise, empathise and respond appropriately to the emotional needs of others
- Present self with confidence and respond flexibly to changes at the workplace
- Demonstrate conscientiousness and trustworthiness to complete given tasks according to organisational standards
- Demonstrate initiative and optimism in pursuing goals beyond what is required and expected of self
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
CIPD Certified Consultant
NTUC LearningHub and its affiliated / associated businesses has a wide range of industry experts that trains many individuals and corporate organisations.
To help trainees and clients customise their training and consultancy needs, our trainers are at hand to provide timely advice and guidance that will ensure a valuable learning experience.