Since 1978, the ISACA® Certified Information Systems Auditor® (CISA®) program, has been the globally accepted standard of achievement among information systems (IS) audit, control and security professionals. The technical skills and practices that CISA promotes and evaluates are the building blocks of success in the field. Possessing the CISA designation demonstrates proficiency and is the basis for measurement in the profession. This five day course will prepare participants to sit for the CISA certification examination. Why become CISA? Confirms knowledge, experience while increases value to the organization which also provides a competitive advantage over peers when seeking job growth Demonstrates the knowledge gained and maintained the level of knowledge required to meet the dynamic challenges of a modern enterprise. Combines the achievement of passing a comprehensive exam with recognition of work and educational experience, providing you with credibility in the marketplace. Helps to achieve a high professional standard through ISACA’s requirements for continuing education and ethical conduct.
No credit or certification pre-requisite is required to attend this course.
However, to sit for the certification exam candidates must fulfil the criteria set by ISACA.
There is no prerequisite to attend this course. However, candidates with no background in project management are strongly advised to attend NICF – Project Management Fundamentals before attending this course.
Certification Exam Pre-requisites
If you are intending to sit for the official CAPM® exam administered by PMI, you need to satisfy the following criteria before taking the examination:
- Secondary Degree (High school diploma or the global equivalent)
- At least 1,500 hours of professional experience on a project team (OR) 23 hours of project management education by the time you sit for the exam.
This 23 hours of project management education criteria can be satisfied by attending this 3 Days / 25 Hours course.
- IS audit, Control, Assurance, and Security Professionals, including IT consultants, Auditors, Managers, Security Policy Writers, Privacy Officers, Information Security Officers, Network Administrators, Security Device Administrators, and Security Engineers, who have five years of experience with Audit, IT systems, and Security of information systems.
- This course will also be beneficial for the following IT professionals:
- Who have been performing the role of Internal IT Auditor for at least 5 years.
- Who are seeking to enhance their knowledge into the areas of IT Information Systems Management and Audit.
IS Audit Process
- Certification Prerequisites
- Examination information
- Certification Application
- Certification Maintenance and Renewal
- IS Audit Process Objective
- IS Audit Process Tasks
- Developing an IS Audit Strategy
- Planning Audits
- Conducting Audits
- Communication of Risks and results
- Independent Advice Provision
Systems and Infrastructure Lifecycle
- Evaluation of IT Governance
- Evaluation of IT Organisation Structures
- Evaluation of IT Strategy
- Evaluation of Policies, standards and procedures
- Evaluation of Management Practices for compliance
- Evaluation of IT Resource Investments
- Evaluation of IT Contracting Strategies, Policies and Practices
- Evaluation of Risk Management Practices
- Evaluation of Monitoring and Assurance Practices
IT Service Delivery
- Evaluation of Business Case
- Evaluation of Project Management and Project Governance
- Conducting Project Reviews
- Conducting Control Evaluations
- Evaluation of Systems Development, Acquisition and Testing
- Evaluation of Business Readiness
- Conducting Post Implementation Reviews
- Conducting Periodic Reviews
- System and Infrastructure Maintenance Evaluation
- Evaluation of Disposal Processes
Protection of Information Assets
- Service Level Management
- Operations Management
- Data Administration Practices
- Capacity and Performance Management
- Change, Configuration and Release Management
- Problem and Incident Management
- IT Infrastructure
Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Logical Access Controls
- Network Infrastructure Security
- Environment Security
- Physical Security
- Controls over Confidential Assets
Examination Preparation and Techniques
- Backup and Recovery Practices
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Business Continuity Planning
- Techniques, Tips and Hints
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.