Managers who are able to build and sustain commitment, trust and rapport with their employees invariably perform well as Managers. Their ability to relate to the needs of others and use that understanding to bring out the best from their subordinates is responsible for the success of the team and business unit.
Managers need to understand their personal feelings and emotions first, before attempting to get things done through others. The Emotional Intelligence (commonly known as EQ) as a tool is critical for the success in the workplace.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the elements of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Know how feelings and emotions affect performance
- Manage feedback, continuous learning and personal development more effectively
- Seek and develop innovative ideas to work problems
- Adopt a higher level of performance orientation at the workplace
- Use the skills to cooperate and collaborate more effectively to achieve the organisational and personal goals
Administrators, Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders who are interested in managing themselves and others more effectively will find this workshop very useful.
Understanding Management Concepts and Principles
- The Functions of Management
- Managing Resources
- Managerial Skills
Practicing EQ Skills@Work
- Individual Assessment
- Understanding Self Awareness
- Self-Management For Peak Performance
- Empathy (Social Awareness)
- Social Skills
Social Awareness and Social Relationship
- Self-Awareness Through Reflection and Feedback
- Building and Sustaining Self-Confidence
- Recognising The Power of Personal Goals and Desires
- Motivation at Work
- Motivation Practices
- Getting Connected With People
- Learning To Sense Feelings and Needs of Others
Building An Effective Team
- Understanding Team Concept
- Why Teams Fail?
- Features of Effective Teams
- Why Care About Commitment and Trust?
- Harnessing The Power of Creativity and Innovation
- Profiling Team Members
- Aligning Team Activities to Organisational Goals
- Development Plan for Team Members
- Building Trust
- Best Team Building Practices
- Managing Decisions in Teams
Conflicts and Team
- Communication Models
- Best Communication Practices
- Managing Communication Barriers in Teams
- Managing Feedback
- Role Play and Group Work
- Origin of Conflict
- Tactics for Managing Conflict
- Managing Emotions During Conflict
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Arul John Peter
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.