The ability to effectively influence and persuade lies at the heart of our personal and professional lives. The capacity to persuade is the key to effective leadership; whether the goal is to convince one person in a face-to-face encounter, influence a group in a meeting, sway an entire organisation, or win over the broader community.
This program is based on proven principles and techniques of effective persuasion derived from the psychology of human behaviour. The powerful tools acquired on this program work in written communications and public speaking. They also work in one-on-one and small group interactions where most persuasion takes place.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Gain insight into personal behaviour and understand how our personality and work behavior influences our ability to persuade and influence others
- Understand the interpersonal skills needed for persuasive influencing
- Complete a behaviour analysis and understand their influencing style
- Determine how our social skills and interactions determine our ability to influence and persuade others
- Master Cialdini’s 6 principles of persuasion
- Understand how to be assertive but not aggressive or passive
- Develop assertive influencing skills with all stakeholders including your boss
- Create an action plan for greater persuasion
- Anyone who needs to plan and execute small or large scale events
- Anyone who wishes to increase their skills and knowledge in managing events
The role of personality
- 4 main types of personality
- Personality profiling test
- How personality type affects persuasion
- How perception affects persuasion
- Verbal: choice of words
- Vocal: tone of voice
- Verbal: visual aids, dressing and demonstrations
Persuasive communication skills
- Effective Social and Communication skills in persuasion
- Hands-on practises
6 Principles of Persuasion
- How can we apply Dr Cialdini’s 6 principles?
- Reciprocity: givers gain
- Commitment and consistency: people don’t like to contradict themselves
- Social proof: monkey see monkey do
- Authority: the power of uniforms
- Liking: the law of the same
- Scarcity: limited time only!
Psychology of persuasion
- Understanding persuasion from psychology angle
- The exceptions
- The persuasion challenge
Assertion without aggression
Persuading people different from us
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.