As the person in charge of your team, you will deal with different team members’ styles which may or may not appeal to your type. However, people are not necessarily difficult to deal with. They only seem difficult because top management sometimes lack the skills of an appropriate communication style on when to motivate, lead and manage team members. It is imperative that managers are equipped with the essential skills to handle different groups of people to improve work relationships in teams.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Develop leadership styles according to the situation.
- Confidently handle and lessen grievances and complaints in a systematic and calm fashion.
- Promote work productivity and sense of belonging in the workplace.
- Improve team members’ performance levels.
All bosses, leaders and managers.
Module 1: Branding Yourself
Module 2: Understanding People Communication Tendencies
- Branding yourself as a boss, leader or manager and what the implications are.
Module 3: Qualities of a Performing Team
- People reading
- Using the DISC to understand an individual’s outward behaviour and thought processes
- How to use the DISC psychometric tool to communicate and counsel to different groups of people
- How to motivate team members effectively
Module 4: Leadership Styles
- Tuckman’s model of team dynamics
- Identifying team members’ developmental levels, their current level of competence and commitment
Module 5: Coaching Skills
- What appropriate leadership styles should you adopt?
Module 6: Communication Tips
- Using the GROW and ACHIEVE model to motivate and releasing the potential of team members
- Understanding the 4 sides of a message
- Using 6 levels of assertion
- Giving and receiving feedback and criticism
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.