This course provides learners with the knowledge and skills to be a WSHMS Program Lead for the organisation in developing a WSHMS implementation plan to meet the requirements of SS (Singapore Standard) 506 and risk management code of practice. It entails reviewing the current WSH policy, risk management plan, WSH objectives and programmes. It also includes establishing frameworks for WSH management programmes and emergency preparedness and response plan in accordance with organisational safety and health needs and WSH legal and other requirements.
SDF (WDA) funding up to 95% of course fees available for S'poreans and PRs*
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) Approved Course*
• Be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills (ES) Level 5
• Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES) Level 5
• Have an in depth knowledge of their organisational products/services, safety management system and sources of
• Have an in depth understanding of their organisational Safety & health needs,
• Have an in depth skills and knowledge in hazard identification, risk management and risk management as well as the hierarchy of risk control measures
• Be self-directed and have an analytical mind with people management skills
The occupations that this unit would be relevant to include but not limited to:
This unit provides learners the opportunity to practise, and apply the knowledge and skills learnt to prepare a WSHMS implementation plan for the organisation as well as preparation for SS 506 certification process through classroom discussions and practices. The mode of assessment for this unit may include work activity/assignment and written/oral tests.
Trainer accredited by the Ministry of Manpower.