The WSQ Control Noise and Vibration Course is a competency based training course to help certify trainees as competent Noise Control Officers. This unit is mandatory for individual who are assigned responsibility for noise control and management. It is aimed to provide the learner with an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and get equipped with the skills in noise and vibration control in the workplace.
SDF (WDA) funding up to 95% of course fees available for S'poreans and PRs*
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) Approved Course*
16 SDU points upon successful completion of the course.
• WSQ Employability Skills Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 6 or
• Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ level English and Mathematics and
• Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ level Science (Physics)
• Must have completed WSQ-Monitor Noise & Vibration Course (OH-PH-501C) or MOM approved Noise-monitoring course.
• Attended the WSQ competency unit titled “Monitor Noise and Vibration”
• Attended MOM’s Accredited “Noise Monitoring Course”
• Self-directed, with an analytical mind and a meticulous approach to problem solving
• Able to pay attention to detail in carrying out noise control and to detect the potential noise source to control
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner should be able to:
a) Understand the legal requirements relevant to noise control,
b) Explain basic acoustic principles and sound measurement,
c) Identify situations where noise hazard exists and apply necessary noise control measures,
d) Assess the effectiveness of noise control measures and
e) Advise the management of incentives and budgeting for noise control
Trainer accredited by the Ministry of Manpower.