The WSQ Monitor Noise and Vibration Course is a competency based training course to help certify trainees as competent Noise Monitoring Officers. This unit covers the basic principles of noise and vibration monitoring. It also provides fundamental knowledge and skills in noise and vibration monitoring and covers the typical noise monitoring and assessment of monitoring results.
SDF (WDA) funding up to 95% of course fees available for S'poreans and PRs*
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) Approved Course*
24 SDU points upon successful completion of the course.
• WSQ Employability Skills Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 6 or
• Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ level English and Mathematics and
• Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ level Science (Physics)
• Self-directed, with an analytical mind and a meticulous approach to problem solving
• Should be adaptive to different situations that could arise during the noise monitoring
• Making necessary adjustments to get a representative readings to reflect the noise exposure levels at the workplace as accurate as possible.
It provides learners the opportunity to practice and apply the knowledge and skills learnt to:
a) Understand the legal requirements relevant to noise monitoring,
b) Know the responsibilities of the noise monitoring officer,
c) Identify noise hazards and measure level of noise exposure,
d) Select and use relevant noise monitoring equipment,
e) Prepare noise monitoring report and
f) Support, initiate and implement a Hearing Conservation Programs
Trainer accredited by the Ministry of Manpower.