The WSQ Assess Confined Space for Safe Entry and Work is a competency based training course to help certify trainees as qualified Confined Space Safety Assessors. Trainees who successfully complete the course will be awarded a Statement of Attainment under the Occupational Hygiene (OH) Professionals WSQ Framework.
SDF (WDA) funding up to 95% of course fees available for S'poreans and PRs*
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) Approved Course*
40 SDU points upon successful completion of the course.
Learners must fulfil the literacy, numeracy and science requirements. In addition to that, they must also fulfil requirements A or B.
• WSQ Employability Skills Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 6; or
• Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level for English and Mathematics
• Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level Science (Chemistry and Physics)
• A) WSH Skills & Knowledge equivalent to Certificate in WSH
• B) 3 years of relevant working experience in operations and co-ordination of safety work
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• The person should be vigilant, alert and wary at all times to spot hazards
• Be adaptable, able to think and response in any situations that may occur during confined space assessment and monitoring
• Should be problem-solving, assertive, standing by decisions and carrying out actions bases on test results and reliable data
"• Use of appropriate gas testing equipment to ascertain that the confined space
atmosphere is safe for entry and work.
• Recognise the limitation of the test equipment used; calibrate the equipment
and use it to obtain representative results for the assessment of confined
space for safe entry and work
• Monitoring the atmospheric conditions to ensure that it is safe for entry and
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
WSQ certified trainer from the Singapore Workforce Development Agency