On completion of this course, learners will acquire the knowledge and skills to be a RM Team Leader/Risk Management Champion for the organisation in reducing risks at source by managing the risk management process at workplace. It involves developing a practical risk management implementation plan for the organisation which identify specific actions to be taken, by whom and time for their completion. It also entails formation of risk management team, risk assessment, controlling and monitoring the risks, communicating these risks to all persons involved and in compliance with the Risk Management Code of Practice (RMCP).
SDF (WDA) funding up to 95% of course fees available for S'poreans and PRs*
• Be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills (ES) Level 5
• Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES) Level 5
• Have in depth knowledge of their organizational products/services
• Be self- directed and proactive towards problem-solving of safety issues
• Have an in-depth knowledge on sources of workplace hazards
• Have good presentation skills
• Be able to apply effective problem-solving and decision making
This course targets at Management, Health and Safety Personnel, Line Supervisors, Team Leaders and who are able to be a Risk management champion for the organisation in preparing a risk management plan to meet the requirements of risk management code of practice and for recognition of bizSAFE level 2 by Workplace Safety and Health Council.
• Verify the expectations of a risk management champion/RM team leader with relevant person in accordance with organisational Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) policy
• Form a risk management team based on organisational WSH policy and in compliance with WSH (Risk Management) Regulations requirements
• Establish hazard identification methodology for the workplace to identify WSH hazards associated with any work activity or trade
• Establish risk assessment methodology for the workplace to determine the risk levels of the identified hazards associated with any work activity or trade
• Establish risk control measures methodology for the workplace to manage the identified risks to a level as low as reasonably practicable by following the principles of hierarchy of control
• Develop a workplace risk management plan to implement the hazard identification, risk assessment, and risk control measures in accordance with organisational WSH policy
• Present the risk management plan to relevant stakeholders for consideration in accordance with organisational procedures
• Communicate the identified hazard, risk evaluated, and implemented risk control measures to the person concerned in accordance with risk management plan
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
WSQ certified trainer from the Singapore Workforce Development Agency