Respond to Fire Incidents in Workplace aims to equip learners with the skills necessary to handle a relatively simple fire incident which might happen anywhere in the workplace. These skills will allow learners to handle a fire incident in a cool and calm manner, and execute steps to extinguish the fire. The fire incident should be small and be simple to contain. In addition, learners will also learn the proper way to handle a fire extinguisher, and also learn about several precautions to take for fire hazards This course will provide the Company Emergency Response Team (CERT) in the Public and Industrial premises (without or store below the exemption quantity of petroleum and flammable material) with the skills and knowledge required to effectively respond to fire incidents.
SDF (WDA) funding up to 95% of course fees available for S'poreans and PRs*
8 CDP Points from SCDF and 10 SDU points upon successful completion of the course.
• Be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills (ES) Level 4
• Self-directed, with an open and analytical mind
• Have relevant work experience to the workplace they would like to be a part of
Company Emergency Response Team members (CERT), Fire Safety Officers and other staff who are the first to respond to fire fighting and mitigation of hazardous materials emergencies in the industrial premises. CERT, Fire Safety Officers and staff who are the first to respond to fire emergencies in the buildings can attend this course
• Interpret emergency response legislations and guidelines
• Identify fire hazard scenarios and conduct situation assessment
• Demonstrate usage of fire protection systems in the workplace
• Respond to fire incidents using various extinguishing mediums
• Handover incident and provide operational assistance to the appropriate body"
WSQ certified trainer from the Singapore Workforce Development Agency