Since ISO 9001 was first established in 1987, organisations worldwide have benefited from implementing the requirements in the standard, particularly when the ISO 9001 was revised in 2000 to place more focus on customer satisfaction and continual improvements. Lead Auditors play an important role to help an organisation verify if its quality management system (QMS) conforms to ISO 9001 requirements and identify areas for improvement.
Interested participants should have knowledge of the following quality management principles and concepts:
• The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle.
• The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction.
• Commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the 8 Quality Principles as given in ISO 9000.
• The process approach used in quality management.
• The Model of a Process Based Quality Management System, the structure and content of ISO 9001.
Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001, which may be gained by completing an IRCA certified QMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
Especially relevant for internal auditors, management representatives and those responsible for implementing their departments internal quality programmes or who want to be formally recognised and registered as assessors.
Trainer from The International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA), which is the leading professional body for management system auditors.