Managing key account the right way is a critical function of any customer-oriented business. Selling to these existing customers is one of the biggest untapped opportunities for revenue growth. Top performers in key account management experience significant revenue growth, higher profitability and greater year on year customer satisfaction.
This course is structured to enable participants to acquire the critical knowledge and skills needed to turn customer growth opportunities into growth realities. Participants will learn proven methodology and techniques in key account management that will allow them to systematically break new grounds.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Increase the sales rate and understand the role of a Key Account Manager
- Understand the importance of the Law of Averages and increasing average deal size
- Understand the importance of increasing customer loyalty and market competition for improved customer retention
- Understand their Unique Selling Propositions (USP)
- Manage and sustain long term value partnerships for increased profits
- Ensure that The Key Account Manager and other key personnel involved understand the importance of teamwork and managing profitable key accounts
Executives, Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Frontline and Support Staff from diverse industries.
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Definition and Model
- Training objectives
- Learning outcomes
Module 3: Roles & Competencies
- The rationale behind KAM: Why is it essential? How does it contribute?
- Learn the difference between traditional selling
- How to create/understand the vision, objectives, benefits?
- Learn about KAM model
Module 4: Customer Understanding
- What are the attributes that a key account person should have?
- Mindset: understand the key account mentality
- What are the accountabilities & competencies
Module 5: Customer Understanding part 2
- Understanding the customer’s organisation
- Learn how to identify needs & objectives
- Understand the buying process of the customers
- Understand why decision making is important
- Leveraging on SWOT
- How do we use the Empathy Map to understand our customers?
Module 6: Selection & Prioritization
- Techniques to create Rapport building
- Learn questioning techniques
- Understand how active listening works
- Reflection on the 1st-day workshop
Module 7: Defining Goals
- How to optimize the selection process?
- Learn segmentation methodology
- What are Growth Strategies to use?
Module 8: Business Planning
- Learn techniques for setting goals
- How to maximize success with these goals?
Module 9: Alignment & Value Creation
- Understand the importance of a customer business plan.
- What to include? Ability to create one.
Module 10: Execution
- Learn how to communicate the value
- Understand the steps to create value
Module 11: Performance Review
- Learn techniques on effective execution
- Enforce key account managers as leaders. How?
- Learn new ways of effective performance measurement
- Adjusting. How? What?
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.