At the end of the course, participants will acquire good knowledge in: • General worksite safety • Accident investigations & preventive measures
The trainee must possess a certificate of successful completion in the Building Construction Safety Supervisors (BCSS) courses to be eligible to attend this course.
Proof of this entry requirement must be submitted in the form of the BCSS Certificate Serial Number in the report.
Construction site supervisors & foreman, clerk of works and site engineers
Engineering graduates or individuals with diploma qualifications and above who wish to work in the construction industry
1. Workplace Safety and Health Act and Subsidiary Legislations (General)
2. Workplace Safety and Health Act and Subsidiary Legislations (Specific)
3. Tunnelling Safety
- Hazards associated with the use of EPBM, TBM and Cut & Cover Method
- Material handling in tunnels
- Means of access/egress and escape in tunnels
- Supervision of work in tunnels
- Evacuation and emergency procedures
- Hot work procedure (permit to work system)
- Communication system
4. Health Consideration in tunneling and excavation
- Noise hazard and control
- Dangerous gases/vapour
- Lighting (illumination)
5. Compressed air work
- Occupational diseases from work in compressed air
- Prevention of compressed air related diseases
- Instruction and training
6. Accident case studies
15 SDU points awarded upon successful completion.
Attendance 75%, Assessment 65%
15 hours (including 1 hour of assessment)
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
MOM accredited trainer
Trainer accredited by the Ministry of Manpower.