Everyday, people from every walk of life find themselves in front of an audience presenting their thoughts and ideas. Sometimes the stakes are huge. For many individuals, the process related to preparing and delivering a compelling and powerful presentation is often fraught with frustration.
This course will supply all the hands-on instruction and practical tools you need to design and deliver effective and engaging presentations.
You will be walked through the various phases of the presentation from the preparation phase right through the delivery phase and also pick-up useful tips on how to effectively deal with the challenging Q&A segment. The programme delivery combines both theory and practice through the use of video recordings for self-awareness and trainer recommendations for improvements.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Learn to manage your nerves and gain confidence
- Learn the do’s and don’ts of body language
- Discover techniques to produce better vocal engagement
- Learn effective techniques to help you structure and organise your content
- Learn practical audience engagement techniques
- Discover the do’s and don’ts of using visual aids
- Learn how to manage the question and answer segment with credibility and poise
Business professionals and anyone whose job requires delivering an effective and engaging presentation.
- Understanding the Persuasiveness of Presentations
- Triumphing Over Stage Fright
- Managing Your Nerves.
- Learning the Fundamentals of Presenting
Preparing the Presentation
- Defining the Central Message
- Developing the Central Message
- Introducing “The Presenters Pyramid”
- Structuring and Organising Your Content.
Delivering the Presentation
- Speaking with Vocal Energy
- Delivery Techniques
- Using Visual Energy
- Using Body Language Effectively
- Using Visual Aids
- The Power of Powerpoint-
Techniques for an Engaging Presentation
- Presenter Focused Engagement Techniques
- Content Focused Engagement Techniques
- Using Humour to Your Advantage
- The Importance of Understanding and Connecting with Your Audience
- Why Audience Profiling is Important?
- How to Profile Your Audience?
- Meeting the Needs and Expectations of Diverse Audience.
Handling the Question and Answer Session
- Overcoming Resistance.
- How to Handle Challenging Situations that May Arise During the Q&A.
- Establishing Confidence, Control and Credibility.
- Strategies to Help You Think on Your Feet.
An interactive method will be used throughout the course comprising lectures, group discussions and hands-on exercises on the skills and attributes of making an effective and powerful presentation. Case studies will be used as well and these will be analysed in relation to style, content, language, effectiveness and logic.
There will be several individual presentation exercises which will be video-recorded for critique and self-assessment.
||9 am to 5 pm
||28 - 29 Jan 2019
11 - 12 Apr 2019
26 - 27 Aug 2019
07 - 08 Nov 2019
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
- All fees are inclusive of 7% GST
1) COMPANY SPONSORED PARTICIPANT
- SDF GRANT REIMBURSEMENT (Non-WSQ)
- SDF Grant Amount: S$28.00
- SDF Course Code: CRS-N-0030801
2) INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT
(Individual Singaporean aged 25 and above)
Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Matthew James has a combined eighteen years of experience in public relations, corporate communications and learning & development. He is a certified trainer by the Leadership Institute of America. Matthew is also a fully Qualified and Accredited Administrator of the MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) and DISC profiling instruments.
Over the last 12 years, he has travelled extensively throughout the Asia Pacific region engaged in consulting and training projects for a diverse clientele. Matthew has consulted and delivered training interventions in countries such as China, India, Thailand, Hong Kong, Vietnam and Malaysia. To date he has delivered training for more than 100 companies. These include multinationals such as Nokia, Shell, Jones Lang LaSalle, Baker Hughes, Oracle, Mitsubishi and Volvo.
Matthew has a natural ability to engage an audience and keeps the content relevant for his participants. His dynamic and practical approach to consulting and training has seen very positive and encouraging feedback from past participants. Matthew has also attained the TOEFL certification through the British Council and also teaches English as a foreign language.