Organizations need to reinvent themselves constantly in order to survive and grow. Too often, we have heard about the need to Change and ask ourselves about what to change and how to change? This program highlights what needs to be changed and how to change them to improve the business and the organization overall. It shares the techniques of Change on systems, processes and behaviour and provides a roadmap for this development.
CEOs, MDs, Directors, GMs, Managers as well as all senior executives responsible for improving their organization’s bottom-line through Change!
Day 1: Transformational Leadership
A Snapshot on Quality Excellence
Understanding the leadership styles of transactional leadership versus transformational leadership
Creating the 20 disciplines in our organizational systems, behaviour and processes
- The 4 techniques of Sustainable Change Model
- Enculturing the Sustainable Change Model
- 8 things leaders and employees need to do
How to Build a comprehensive Performance Transformation Program for facilitate internal Change
- The 3 Building Blocks of Performance Transformation
- How to carry out Organizational Diagnostics?
Day 2: Performance Transformation for Organizational Effectiveness
Facilitating Change as an Internal Change Agent
8 Steps to a burning platform
Enabling Change as a Coach
Organizing the Transition
- Techniques of Communicating Change
- Strategizing the process using the Systems Approach
- Adopt Process Intervention Skills
Ensuring Total Quality
- Understanding how Total Quality Management sustains Change
- Adopting TQM techniques to embed quality excellence
Discussions, discourse, cases, video-based learning, practicums, best-practice sharing and action learning
Dr. Alvin Oh
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.