Effective organisations and managers recognize that a significant part of building an effective and productive organisation is employing quality people. Interviewing has been identified as a critical management skill. Unplanned and “trial and error” interviewing result in failure. The competency-based selection interviewing provides an approach to interviewing that is behavioural-focused. The approach once mastered will transform a participant’s ability to interview effectively. The program will support the recruitment of employees who are more effective, productive and are satisfied with their jobs; thus, increasing the number of individuals who are productive and reach productivity standards quickly.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Use a structured selection process to predict applicants’ job performance.
- Explain the selection process and used an Interview Guide in preparing, conducting and managing the interview to select the right people.
- Use well-thought-out behavioural questioning techniques.
- Establish and build rapport with the applicant.
- Utilise job-related core competencies in the interview process.
- Maintain the image of the organization and ensure that the dignity of the applicant is preserved.
- The context for behavioural-based Interviewing, Performance and Competencies
- Collecting Behavioral-based Information using a structured approach
- Skills Practice
- Components of an Interview & Key
- Interviewing Principles – Interview Guide & Reviewing Candidate Resume
- Interview Questioning Sequence
- “Practice - Follow-up Qs”
- Other considerations in building candidate engagement and impression
- Skills Practices
- Decision making in selection interviewing based on behavioural based information
This program will be delivered via conceptual briefing using written and visual aids. Skills practices, skill-building exercises and small-large group discussions will be used to expand and sharpen participant interviewing skills. The workshop leader will facilitate group discussions and feedback on the application of techniques, actual job situations and related exercises.
||9 am to 5 pm
||18 - 19 Feb 2019
21 - 22 May 2019
22 - 23 Aug 2019
07 - 08 Nov 2019
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
- All fee is inclusive of 7% GST
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.