In a survey conducted by the University of Pittsburgh's Katz Business School, communication skills is cited as an important decisive factor in choosing managers and it is one of the main factors contributing to job success.
This workshop shows you how you could improve interactions with others, build stronger relationships with your team and become more productive at work.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Overcome barriers to effective communication
- Be more self-aware and communicate better
- Understand that listening is the key to effective communication
- Understand communication strategies
- Give and receive feedback
- Apply the skills in a working environment
Front line Service Staff, Support Staff, Secretaries, Personal Assistants and anyone who would like to improve their communication skills in the office.
The Importance of Good Communication Skills
Understanding the Various Components of Communication and How It Helps Me in My Interactions with Others (Part 1)
Sending Effective Messages Through:
- The Communication Quiz – Am I communicating effectively?
- Video: Results Driven Communication
Discovering My Communication Style (Part 1)
- Verbal Language: Communicating through better choices of words
- Body Language in Communication: The Positive and Negative Body Language We Communicate
- Our tone of Voice and its Impact on Others
Discovering My Communication Style (Part 2)
- What Style am I?
- My Communication Style and how it affects others
Understanding the Various Components of Communication and How It Helps Me in My Interactions with Others (Part 2) - Receiving Effective Messages
Active Listening Skills
- Adapting My Communication Style to others
- Using My Communication Style to add value to the team
- Understanding the intent of the message
- Listening Strategies
- Giving positive feedback – The REDR technique
- Giving negative feedback – The AID Model
- Receiving feedback
- Asking the right questions to get to the heart of the matter
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.