This program is designed for employees who have been newly-promoted to a supervisory or managerial position to improve their people-management skills and, more importantly, be equipped with practical ideas for optimizing the most important resource in the organisation - it’s people. It’s also suitable for existing supervisors and managers who have not received any formal training in people-management skills.
Possess a firm foundation in becoming both an efficient and effective manager and a better motivator of subordinates. This will lead to subordinates becoming more inspired, produce higher quality work, and tend to stay longer in the organization. The organization will then benefit with higher productivity levels, lower turnover and resignation rates, saving time, energy, resource, money in hiring and re-hiring of new staff.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Become an effective motivator of subordinates.
- Improve EQ skills.
- Know how to supervise, communicate, coach, counsel, delegate, lead and inspire subordinates effectively.
- Build a stronger, more cohesive team.
Administrators, supervisors, junior managers and team leaders who wish to improve their people management skills.
Module 1: Managing Self
Module 2: Managing Downwards
- Inculcating a healthy self-esteem
- Adopting a positive mental attitude
- Maximizing one’s potential
- Striking an IQ/EQ balance in supervision
- Developing work performance goal
Module 3: Managing Upwards
- Key Principles, roles and responsibilities of a supervisor
- Communicating Effectively
- Coaching & Counselling Skills
- Inter-personal and conflict management skills
- Motivating and inspiring subordinates
- Delegating work effectively
- Leading effectively
Module 4: Managing a Team
- How to manage one's boss
- Becoming an effective intermediary between one’s boss and subordinates
- Relating to different kinds of bosses
- The magic ingredient in teamwork – SYNERGY
- Building a cohesive team
- Understand the role of supervisor/leader
- Understand the problem-solving process, techniques and approaches used by supervisors
- Understand Current supervision techniques required by supervisors to lead their team
- Recognize the importance of maintaining the highest standard of quality in the team
- Recognize the need to be in line with the vision and expectations of the organization
- Understand the importance of inculcating teamwork for all the members in the department
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Arul John Peter
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.