There is one certainty in any organisation; change or be changed. At the forefront of this, the first line of defence is a group of people in your organisation who must be good in the Basic Managerial Skills.
These people may not necessarily be Managers only, they can be anyone who has subordinates or needs to work with a group of people (e.g. in a project). The Top Management sets the vision and they depend on people who are efficient in the execution. It is always at the execution point that differentiates between the good and bad consequences, outstanding results or a complete disaster.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of management within the organisation
- Improve overall performance through effective and positive confrontation
- Be more confident in practicing management
- Motivate people better
- Enhance and improve leadership skills
- Upgrade communication skills
- Increase team skills
- Achieve better overall results
This is intended for all those who have formal subordinates and that personnel who have to manage the various resources and/or projects.
- What Is Leadership and Why It Is Important?
- Leadership Approaches / Styles
- Case Exercise on Leadership
- Guidelines to Application
Tool on how to avoid them
- Introductory Exercise: “Dream Of A King”
- Definition and Example
- Common Pitfalls of Poor Communication
- Giving Directions
- How to Provide Effective Directions
- The Smart Approach
- Follow Up: The “Twin Brother” Of Giving Directions
Definition: How to Manage Motivation
- Survey: What Do People Want?
Problem Solving Tool
Work and Project Management
- How to be Productive Compared to Others
- Case Discussion on Prioritisation
Delegation and Empowerment
- Principles of Project Management
- Project Management Tools
Managing Difficult Staff
- Case: “Smoking And Driving”
- Why Delegate?
- How to Delegate?
- Things Which You Should Not Delegate
- Why Do People Behave The Way They Do?
- Relationship Between Attitude and Behaviour
- Tactical Handling of People
What is a team?
- How To Select The Best Team
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.