Special price for SMEs : $510
SMEs - Organisations incorporated in Singapore with less than 200 headcount
Effective Business Writing is an essential skill that staff must possess. Do you write emails & letters at ease? It is important to understand and apply writing effectively in all correspondence to capture the attention of our readers. In this course you will learn to employ writing techniques to communicate effectively, for results."
Participants should be able to:
Tailor their writing style to the reader’s needs
Organise their thoughts to make a positive impression
Organise their writing to fit their purpose
Write clear, concise business documents
Use an appropriate format, style and tone to enhance their writing skills
Edit their writing to ensure accuracy
• Writing emails and letters
• The writing process – Plain English 5’Cs
• Tone of writing
• Structure and language
• Consistency of style
• Presenting messages in the most effective and reader-friendly format
• Formats of email & letters
• Writing skills/Styles to project positive corporate image
• Use of the word, the phrase, the sentence & paragraph
• Deliver good & bad news
• File & reply to complaint
• Use of appropriate grammar
• Proper email etiquette and techniques
• Acronyms, jargons, redundant words
• Editing Skills – to edit grammar, style, tone, punctuation, consistency & vocabulary
Interactive methods will be used in short lectures, group discussions and presentations, individual/group hands-on exercises. These exercises will be critique by participants and the trainer. Samples of companies’ documents will be used to analyse in relation to format, style, content, language & effectiveness of the business document.
2 days (15 hours )
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Organisational Development Concepts (ODC)
Organisational Development Concepts (ODC) was established by a team of professionals passionate on OD who saw the increasing demand for customised training intervention, and the increasing need of a one stop provider.
The ODC management team have more than 47 years experience in the OD and HRD fields. Together with its in-house management consultant and a team of 80 associate trainers as well as subject matter experts in various fields, we are here to serve and support your organizations developmental needs.