At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy is an EduTrust-certified institution that delivers a high-quality culinary and F&B education using a unique, synchronised study-apprenticeship pedagogy that seeks to maximise students’ employability and preparedness for careers as global chefs and F&B professionals.
Since its establishment in 2001, At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy has been recognised by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency as a CET Institute for Culinary and F&B Management, and has been appointed to house the National Assessment Centre for F&B professionals.
Multiple pathways, usingthe national WSQ Framework, are available to students who can choose from a range of nationally recognised degree, diploma, certificate, modular, assessment-only and continuing education programmes suitable for their level of experience and commitment.
The academy was conceptualized in 1999 by our founder Dr Kwan Lui and started its operations in 2001 with the aim of being an Asian Culinary Academy.
By 2004, At-Sunrice has expanded its vision to embrace both Asian and Western cuisines. Today, the academy is EduTrust certified and is recognised by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) as a National CET Institute (NCI) administering nationally-recognised diplomas, is partnered with America's world class university Johnson & Wales University (JWU) and is a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) and the American Culinary Federation (ACF).
1. 2011 marked our 10th year at Fort Canning Park and we have moved to an incredible new campus at 28 Tai Seng Street!
2. At-Sunrice won the Asian Gastronomic Awards of Excellence Electrolux Culinary Institution of the Year
4. At-Sunrice was recognised for its Quality Culinary Education by the World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS)
1. CEO Christophe Megel received the 7th International Management Actions Award (IMAA)
2. At-Sunrice received the Recognition of Achievements and Contribution to the success of the 1st Summer Youth Olympic Games 2010 by the Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee
3. National Environment Agency (NEA) appointed At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy as the official training provider for the "WSQ Conduct Food and Beverage Hygiene Audit" - accredited under Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications System (WSQ) framework
4. Accredited the EduTrust certification by Council of Private Education (CPE).
1. Started the first two-year Advanced Culinary Placement Diploma (ACP) in partnership with Johnson & Wales University (JWU) for Asian students
2. Developed the Culinary & Service Excellence Certificate (CSE)
3. Deployed the Study & Work pedagogy with top hotel and F&B outlets
1. Introduced SpiceOdyssey® to the general public - a fun, experiential and educational alfresco event featuring the 10 Kingdoms of Spices
2. Became a member of American Culinary Federation (ACF)
1. Started the first professional classes in Asian Culinary Arts (ACA) and Study Abroad (SA) for Johnson & Wales University (JWU)
1. Started the first class in leisure morning gourmet and corporate bonding.
Values and Culture
In running our daily operations, we adopt the 12 Spices approach to permeate and promote our values within the academy. These include sharing our vision, principles, brand values, involvement, teamwork, empowerment, ambassadorship, welcome (hospitality), continuous learning, telephone etiquette, grooming, and protection of our assets.
For problem resolutions, we use the 6-grains process to close culture gaps by identifying the problem, analysing the problem, generating potential solutions, selecting and planning solutions, implementing the solutions and evaluating the solutions.