- Analyse runway shows, forecast information, directional trends and target market’s lifestyle and mindset changes.
- Learn how to conceptualise collection based on forecasted trends/ runway and/or researched target market.
- Learn how to create design boards and production drawing based on forecasted trends and/or on researched target market.
- Learn how to create technical packages according to industry or organisational practices, policies and procedures.
- Learn how to supervise the production of sample garments and/or accessories according to technical specifications and to make amendments if there is any non compliance.
Possess at least 3 GCE “O” level passes including English and Mathematics or ES WSQ Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) level 5 and above.
Students are required to have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office especially for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as this will be required during projects / group work.
Student needs prior knowledge / experience of following modules
- WSQ Support Apparel Product Development
- WSQ Interpret and Draw Production Sketches
- WSQ Develop Apparel Patterns & Sew Tops
- WSQ Develop Apparel Patterns & Sew Bottoms
- WSQ Conduct Fit Evaluation and Pattern Alterations
Participant will be awarded the WSQ Statement of Attainment (SOA) provided he/she meets the following requirements:
- 75% attendance rate
- Assessed to be competent in given competency standard
Upon succcessful completion of the course, trainee will be awarded the WSQ Statement of Attainment (SOA). WSQ Certification is nationally endorsed and recognised by industry partners.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
KEY LEARNING AREAS
- Assistant Merchandisers to Merchandise Managers
- QA Auditors, QC Inspectors and QA/QC Managers
- Designers/Assistant Designers
- Work Study Officers
- Product Development Executive
- Sewing Operators
- History of Modern Fashion
- International Designer and/or International Brand Profile
- Fashion seasons and characteristics, cycles and categories
- Customer types and demographics
- Market and trend types
- Types of materials / embroidery stitches / print / garment wash
- Process to complete a collection and development sample
- Types of design boards, details and production drawing
Training Hours 70 hours
Assessment Hours 4 hours
Total Hours 74 hours
Gross Fee S$ 2,300.00
70% Funding** S$ 1,610.00
Nett Fee S$ 690.00
The 70% Funding** is only applicable to all Singaporean and Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs).
Fees & Funding
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: