Explore the culinary world and realise your dreams with the At-Sunrice WSQ-Diploma in Culinary Arts (WSQ-DCA). With a unique Study & Work pedagogy, this diploma allows you to go on an experiential journey during which you will learn a wide range of cooking techniques – from the fundamentals to the advanced of Eastern & Western cuisines – as well as take part in apprenticeship programmes. During these enriching programmes, you will work in top restaurants and hotels and gain invaluable knowledge even before embarking on your future careers.
The programme content of this diploma follows the Culinary Arts progression track under the Enhanced Food and Beverage Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) Framework by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
STUDY & WORK PEDAGOGY
Full-day classroom and hands-on learning on campus.
Terms 2 – 5
1-week study on campus and 2-week work apprenticeship rotation with a monthly allowance. Students will be trained in Eastern & Western pastry & bakery over a period of 12 months.
- Maintain Safe and Secure Working Environment
- Follow Food and Beverage Safety and Hygiene Policies and Procedures
- Maintain Quality Control Procedures
- Maintain Food and Beverage Production Environment
- Prepare Mise En Place 1
- Demonstrate Baking Techniques, Mixing Methods and Piping Skills
- Prepare Pre-mix, Frozen and Bake-off Products
- Prepare Basic Indian Breads
- Conduct Baking Ingredients Experiments
- Prepare Basic Breads
- Prepare Basic Cakes
- Prepare Short-crust Pastry
- Prepare Icing, Chocolate and Glazes
- Prepare Sweet and Savoury Fillings, Sauces and Creams
- Prepare Basic Chinese Desserts
- Prepare Basic Malay Desserts
- Prepare Advanced Malay Desserts
- Prepare Advanced Chinese Desserts
- Prepare Puff Pastries
- Prepare Yeast-raised Pastries
- Prepare Choux Pastries
- Prepare Advanced Cakes
- Supervise Food Production
- Maintain Inventories
- Prepare Café Style Breads
- Bake Artisan Bread
- Bake for Health
- Understand Nutritional Knowledge and Dietary Requirements
- Apply Sensory Analysis to Food and Beverage Preparation and Presentation
- Develop Ice Cream Recipes
- Develop and Implement Budget
- Develop Menu
- Carve Fruits and Vegetables for Food Presentation
- Design Contemporary Plated Desserts
- Prepare Marzipan Decorations
- Fabricate Chocolate Decorations
- Prepare Advanced Petit Fours and Macaroons
- Prepare Advanced Confectionery
- Prepare Advanced Entremets and Tarts
- Master Sugar Work Techniques
- SpiceOdyssey™ Project
Chocolate modules may be taught by our education partner Valrhona.
A great opportunity to take your education beyond the classroom - All students will be part of an apprenticeship programme from Term 2 onwards, during which they will undergo a 1-week study and 2-week work rotation, as well as receive a monthly allowance. At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy will select a best-fit F&B partner for your offsite apprenticeship programme.
Important to Note
Enrolment is subject to availability and incomplete application will not be processed.
The programme is conducted in english and proficiency in the language is a requirement.
Programme contents and all prices are subject to change.
Singaporeans who successfully attain a WSQ Diploma for the first time after 1 March 2011 will be eligible for a CQA of S$1,000 in cash.
1) WDA Programme Fee Funding
Enjoy up to 70% WDA programme fee funding for all Singapore Citizens and SPRs who are eligible for our WSQ Diploma programmes.
2) Workfare Training Support (WTS) Scheme - 95% Programme Fee Funding
- All employed Singaporeans who are eligible for our WSQ Diploma programmes
- 35 years old and above
- Monthly income S$1900 and below
Fees & Funding
|Funding / Grants
- Other grants: Workfare Training Support, Skillsfuture Study Awards, Skillsfuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
- Skillsfuture Credit