The Association of Taxation Technicians Singapore (ATTS) was incorporated under the auspices of the ICPAS in March 1995 for the taxation support staff. It is the only Association here to offer a locally recognised and affordable qualification, in the demand to provide skilled taxation staff to assist management in corporate duties.
To stay ahead of changes in the Accountancy profession, aspiring students and accountancy professionals can specialise in taxation by studying for the following taxation programmes awarded by the ATTS.
ATTS has recently redeveloped the Preparatory Course for Association of Taxation Technicians Singapore (ATTS) Specialist Certificate in Taxation and the new syllabus has been approved by the Singapore Institute of Accredited Tax Professionals (SIATP) and also meets the requirements of the Tax Academy of Singapore (TAS). These programmes are recognised by ICPAS and give you a strong foothold in your professional career in Taxation.
Upon completion of the Preparatory Course for Association of Taxation Technicians Singapore (ATTS) Specialist Certificate in Taxation and accumulation of relevant work experience, candidates are eligible for the Association of Taxation Technician (ATT) status.
Module 1 –
Individual Income Tax
1) Acquire a basic understanding of the Singapore Income Tax System
2) Knowing the Singapore Income Tax Treatment on various types of income
3) Able to prepare income tax computations for individuals resident, non resident, not ordinarily resident and for individuals with business income
4) Able to identify the relief and rebates available to an individual
5) Equip students with the knowledge of handling simple tax planning for individuals
6) Understanding Withholding Tax Treatment for non resident individuals
Module 2 –
Corporate Tax 1
1) Understanding of basic tax concepts related to corporate tax
2) Able to handle corporate tax computations
3) Grasping the income tax treatment on tax losses
4) Administration of income tax including tax avoidance and evasion
5) Able to advise on basic tax planning for corporate clients
Module 3 –
1) Understanding of Goods and Services Tax
2) Understanding concept of stamp duties and able to apply the same on various instruments
3) Identifying land and building subject to property tax
4) Equip students with basic knowledge on other indirect Taxes
Module 4 –
Corporate Tax 2
1) Understanding concepts of Withholding Tax
2) Understanding issues related to transfer pricing and other advance tax issues
3) Equip students with knowledge related to tax incentives and handling tax issues related to specialised industries
4) Ensure students are able to carry out tax planning for corporate clients
5) Expose students with hands on experience through project works
Please enquire below for course fees and financial grants: