Effective team communication is essential to achieving business goals and to enhance personal interactions. You communicate with others in your work team everyday on many levels. However, you may not always take time to analyse how your natural ways of thinking and interacting affect others. Understanding, appreciating and accommodating individual differences in communication style can enhance your team's ability to communicate. This communication advantage will thereby increase your effectiveness as an employee, supervisor, team member or leader.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concept of MBTI and its impact in workplace communication
- Discover your own personality profile
- Learn how to identify the traits and characteristics of other personality types
- Learn how to appreciate and leverage on our differences for improved work dynamics
- Learn how to complement our differences for synergistic relationships
- Apply the MBTI to communicate better with others
Middle managers, executives, support staff, sales representatives, customer service and administrative staff, business professionals and anyone who seeks to develop better interpersonal communication.
Introducing the MBTI
The E-I Dichotomy: Exploring Differences in the Way We Communicate
- Background - What is the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Applications of the MBTI
- Mind-setting Activity
- Understanding personal differences and team diversity
- Presenting the 4 Dichotomies of the MBTI
- MBTI Profiling Session
The S-N Dichotomy: Exploring Differences in the Way We Process Information and Learn
- Through the above means, participants will have a clear understanding of the differences between the E and I preferences. The trainer will also demonstrate how these differences affect the way we work and communicate with one another.
The F-T Dichotomy: Exploring Differences in Decision Making
- The second dimension of MBTI deal with the way team members take in information. With the aim of showcasing the critical difference between these dichotomies, participants are brought through some splitting activities.
- Through the debrief session participants will understand why the S and N types are different and the considerations to bear in mind when working with someone who is different from us.
The J-P Dichotomy: Exploring Differences in our Working Styles
- Participants will be grouped according to the Feeling and Thinking types for the splitting activities. This challenge will require critical decision making from the teams. Since dimension three of MBTI focuses on the factors that influence the decision making process, the splitting activities are positioned to force teams to make hard decisions. The objective of this will allow participants to comprehend the different considerations/factors that come into play when critical decision making is needed which will affect the team as a whole.
Communicating with Type in Mind
- As with the other preferences, participants will once again be grouped according to their J and P preferences. Using action-learning activities, the trainer will demonstrate the differences of the perceiving and judging dichotomy.
- Team members will realize that conflict sometimes occur between J and P as they have different perspectives on how things should be done. This segment will highlight the importance of appreciating and leveraging off the strengths of both J and P team members in order to strengthen team dynamics rather than allowing our differences to divide us.
Type and Team Preferences
- How the types communicate
- Communicating effectively through Type
- Learning to adapt to other types
- Implication of type results in a team structure
- Identifying and understanding team strengths and gaps through type
- Achieving Synergy in a team
- Becoming a better team player!
Highly participative and interactive consisting of an MBTI Profiling session, discussions, action learning games, self-reflection activities, customer interaction role plays, case studies, practical work, critique sessions as well as small group work.
* Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- S$513.60* (including GST)
* Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
- Pre-approved SDF Funding of S$14.00 for All Companies
- SDF Course Code: CRS-N-0026771
Structure Duration :
- Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
9am - 5pm
Commencement Date :
17 May 2017
28 Sep 2017
Available Course Sessions
||Course Date, Time
||Reg. Closes On
||28 Sep' 17, 9.00am to 5.00pm
||27 Sep' 17
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.