Since ISO 9001 was first established in 1987, organisations worldwide have benefited from implementing the requirements in the standard, particularly when the ISO 9001 was revised in 2000 to place more focus on customer satisfaction and continual improvements. Lead Auditors play an important role to help an organisation verify if its quality management system (QMS) conforms to ISO 9001 requirements and identify areas for improvement.
• Quality management principles and practices
• Review of ISO 9000 requirements
• Audit planning and preparation
• Review of quality system documents
• Audit performance
• Non-conformances and corrective action
• The closing meeting
• Audit report and audit follow-up
• Practical workshops
• Written examination (successful candidates will be issued a certificate recognised by the international register for certified auditors (IRCA) as part of the requirements for registration as assessors)
Trainer from The International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA), which is the leading professional body for management system auditors.