Everyday, people from every walk of life find themselves in front of an audience presenting their thoughts and ideas. Sometimes the stakes are huge. For many individuals, the process related to preparing and delivering a compelling and powerful presentation is often fraught with frustration. This course will supply all the hands-on instruction and practical tools you need to design and deliver effective and engaging presentations. You will be walked through the various phases of the presentation from the preparation phase right through the delivery phase and also pick-up useful tips on how to effectively deal with the challenging Q&A segment. The programme delivery combines both theory and practice through the use of video recordings for self-awareness and trainer recommendations for improvements.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Learn to manage your nerves and gain confidence
- Learn the do’s and don’ts of body language
- Discover techniques to produce better vocal engagement
- Learn effective techniques to help you structure and organise your content
- Learn practical audience engagement techniques
- Discover the do’s and don’ts of using visual aids
- Learn how to manage the question and answer segment with credibility and poise
Business professionals and anyone whose job requires delivering an effective and engaging presentation.
Preparing the Presentation
- Understanding the Persuasiveness of Presentations
- Triumphing Over Stage Fright
- Managing Your Nerves.
- Learning the Fundamentals of Presenting
Delivering the Presentation
- Defining the Central Message
- Developing the Central Message
- Introducing “The Presenters Pyramid”
- Structuring and Organising Your Content.
- Speaking with Vocal Energy
- Delivery Techniques
- Using Visual Energy
- Using Body Language Effectively
- Using Visual Aids
- The Power of Powerpoint-
Techniques for an Engaging Presentation
- Presenter Focused Engagement Techniques
- Content Focused Engagement Techniques
- Using Humour to Your Advantage
Handling the Question and Answer Session
- The Importance of Understanding and Connecting with Your Audience
- Why Audience Profiling is Important?
- How to Profile Your Audience?
- Meeting the Needs and Expectations of Diverse Audience.
- Overcoming Resistance.
- How to Handle Challenging Situations that May Arise During the Q&A.
- Establishing Confidence, Control and Credibility.
- Strategies to Help You Think on Your Feet.
An interactive method will be used throughout the course comprising lectures, group discussions and hands-on exercises on the skills and attributes of making an effective and powerful presentation. Case studies will be used as well and these will be analysed in relation to style, content, language, effectiveness and logic.
There will be several individual presentation exercises which will be video-recorded for critique and self-assessment.
* Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- S$963.00* (including GST)
* Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
- Pre-approved SDF Funding of S$28.00 for All Companies
- SDF Course Code: CRS-N-0030801
- Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Available Course Sessions
||Course Date, Time
||Reg. Closes On
||27 Nov' 17 to 28 Nov' 17, 9.00am to 5.00pm
||26 Nov' 17
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.