This unit introduces students to basic skills and techniques in designing a website. Students will be taught how to analyse a website's content and style, and identify elements of a good website design. They will learn basic coding language and styles that will enable them to produce a simple, visually appealing and functional website.
• Basic web navigation and functionality
• Basic organisation of information( tables ad templates)
• Designing for websites (colours used, photos used, tables)
• Organisation of working files for website
• How to optimise your design for the internet browsers ( file saving formats, html, gif, slicing up images to reduce file size , png, web resolutions)
After exploring the basic functions of how to use the appropriate tools to create a basic website. Students will then concentrate on the aesthetics and graphics of their website. A sound understanding of design a website is essential Students will explore some of the following:
• The use of frames to better organise information
• Basic java scripting
A master's degree in Design from University of New South Wales (UNSW), Felix is also a certified Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) trainer and course developer. A multi design awards winner including Singapore Packaging Award, The Singapore Young Designer Award and Comgraph Digital Art Award. Felix has more than 10 years professional designing experience ranging from exhibition, retail, advertising, graphic and marketing in the local and global scene.
Through his vast experiences conducting training for several MNCs companies, Felix brings in-depth teaching knowledge in design thinking, design management and web development, specializing in SEO training.